HIGH PERFORMANCE, HIGH EARLY STRENGTH, RAPID SETTING, CEMENTITIOUS GROUT THAT HAS BEEN SPECIALLY FORMULATED FOR THE GLASS INDUSTRY
PROPERTIES SAFETY DATA SHEET
• Aggregate free Chemwatch: 5305-85
• Rapid strength gain facilitates for rapid installation Version No: 18.104.22.168
• Ready to use, pre-mixed, requires only the addition of water Click here
• Can be mixed for stiff, plastic, flowable or fluid application Click here for detailed product information
• Lower water/cement ratio reduces drying shrinkage, increases durability and reduces permeability
• Dual expansion compensates for shrinkage in the plastic and hardened state
• Spigot and channel fixing
• Cementitious grouting where particular application requires rapid setting
• Anchoring bolts, bars and fittings
Add water to a clean bucket (3ltrs to 1 x 10kg bag) mix ration 30% water to 1kg (think pancake like consistency). More water can be added
to achieve a more flowable consistency. More than 40% water not advisable. Start mixing using an electric mixing paddle (preferably using a paddle mixing blade) while the powder is slowly added. Once all of the powder is added, mix on medium speed for 30 seconds then scrape
the sides of the bucket to make sure all of the powder is properly dissolved. Mix for another 60 seconds. Use immediately.
Polaris Spigot and Channel Grout has varying factors that effect the set time. All guides are estimated times only. Factors to consider when using; air temperature, water temperature, water volume, powder temperature and amount being mixed (larger amounts mixed will speed
up the set time). Set times below are based on air, water and powder temperature at 22 deg and the volume being mixed is 5kg
• 10° Degrees 30 – 40 Mins
• 25° Degrees 10 – 15 Mins
• 35° Degrees and above less than 10 Mins
HIGH TEMPERATURE WORKING
At temperatures above 30ºC, it is advisable to use water below 20ºC when mixing grout. All materials must be kept cool and away from
direct sunlight. If practical, the installation area should be shaded by erecting shade screens. If ambient temperatures are excessive,
grouting should be scheduled for early morning or late afternoon.
LOW TEMPERATURE WORKING
At temperatures below 5ºC the cure rate and strength development rate will be dramatically reduced. If early strength is required, it is advisable to use heated water to 25ºC. Do not exceed this temperature.
Polaris Anchoring cement should be removed from tools and equipment with clean water immediately after use.
STORAGE & SHELF LIFE
12 months when stored in the original unopened packaging, in a dry place at 23˚C and 50% relative humidity.
WARNING: Polaris Spigot and Channel Grout has very strong expansion properties which generate the high tensile loads that can be achieved. We do not recommend its use in hollow bricks, concrete block, limestone or granite. Always leave at least 100mm
from the edge of the concrete to the hole.